IBM s390 QDIO Ethernet Driver¶
OSA and HiperSockets Bridge Port Support¶
To generate the events the device must be assigned a role of either a primary or a secondary Bridge Port. For more information, see “z/VM Connectivity, SC24-6174”.
When run on an OSA or HiperSockets Bridge Capable Port hardware, and the state of some configured Bridge Port device on the channel changes, a udev event with ACTION=CHANGE is emitted on behalf of the corresponding ccwgroup device. The event has the following attributes:
- indicates that the Bridge Port device changed its state.
- the role assigned to the port.
- the newly assumed state of the port.
When run on HiperSockets Bridge Capable Port hardware with host address notifications enabled, a udev event with ACTION=CHANGE is emitted. It is emitted on behalf of the corresponding ccwgroup device when a host or a VLAN is registered or unregistered on the network served by the device. The event has the following attributes:
- host address notifications are started afresh, a new host or VLAN is registered or deregistered on the Bridge Port HiperSockets channel, or address notifications are aborted.
- VLAN ID on which the event occurred. Not included if no VLAN is involved in the event.
- MAC address of the host that is being registered or deregistered from the HiperSockets channel. Not reported if the event reports the creation or destruction of a VLAN.
- device bus ID (CSSID, SSID and device number).
- device IID.
- device CHPID.
- device channel ID.
Note that the NTOK_* attributes refer to devices other than the one connected to the system on which the OS is running.